ADVERTISEMENT

Recruiting Weekend Recap: Official Visits

JeffersonPowell

Staff
Jun 2, 2011
Okay gang, we talked a lot about the official visits this week. Midweek we posted that all the commits outside of Tyrie Cleveland would be on hand, there were a few other commits that didn't make it in this week but there's no reason for concern with those two. (More Info Below)

It was still a huge recruiting weekend and considered a big success. It was a lot like a family reunion and a big family atmosphere as most of these guys have been on campus several times and hung out with each other on more than one occasion. For others that don't have the fortune of living so close to campus it was a great opportunity for their families to make it in and check out the campus and program in detail.

Who Didn't Make it in?

Tyrie Cleveland - Not a surprise here as we noted he was visiting Arkansas this weekend and wouldn't be visiting Houston as one of his five official visits. The closer it gets to signing day the more it seems the grip on his commitment may be loosening. He will be the biggest name to watch down the stretch commitment wise. Couldn't get Cleveland for comment as he's not doing interviews with media at this time.

Aymiel Fleming & Keenan Murphy - Looks like the staff snuck these two by us late december for official visits. Both are very solid with their commitment. Murphy was not available for comment but Fleming said he is still 110% committed to Houston.

"I'm always around Campus," Fleming said. "I've gotten really cool with the players I'll probably peek my head in again next week."

"I have no doubts, I was committed to Houston before I even received my offer," he added. "The University of Houston along with the staff make up one of the finest institutions in the country."

Outside of the three above and the group that is already enrolled all other commits were in attendance this weekend.

Visitor Feedback

Javian Smith - "The visit was great. The coaches and I already have a bond with each other. The weekend was spectacular, me and the other recruits became a lot closer and we even bonded with some of the players already there. Greg Ward is the funniest guys though, (laughing)"

Patrick Rosette - "It was Great! It was one of the best times of my life. I can't wait (to sign) I'm ready to give this football program my heart."

Ed Oliver - "It was a pretty typical visit as far seeing the campus, we went a really nice restaurant, it was a actually a lot more fun than my visit to OU I guess maybe because I can relate to the players here more being that I'm a Houston guy and we were in Houston, it was a lot of fun."

On taking other visits and how solid he is to Houston. "Oh yeah I'm most definitely solid,"I'm pretty solid, I mean if I feel like take a visit I might call up somebody and just take a random visit, but I'm pretty solid to Houston and I don't think anything is changing that."

During my conversation with Oliver I asked him about Tyrie Cleveland. "I haven't talked to Cleve in a while, I was surprised that he was going to visit Arkansas, he didn't even really tell me about it. I don't know, maybe he just wants to take his visits the way he wants to take them, I don't really know too much I haven't talked to him much about it."

We'll continue to provide feedback as we receive it.

Other News

Logan Tuley-Tillman - Despite his commitment to Washington State, Tuley-Tillman still showed up for his un-official visit on Thursday and I'm hearing his commitment to Washington State may not be 100-percent rock solid. He seems to have taken a step back from the media and taking interviews so I wasn't able to get any feedback from him, but his visit must have went well because he will be visiting Houston again next week for an official visit. Don't rule out Herman and Co. just yet.

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News