ADVERTISEMENT

Come On, Three Of Our Games Are Gimmies

coogam

Gold Member
Mar 9, 2011
That's right, 25% of our games are locks. That is what is known in the police business as a clue. In this case it tells us that winning at least 9-10 games this year is not just painting a rosy picture......hmm.

First, take a look at Rice. They have a new head coach. Why? Because their old one, although a great guy, was not winning enough games. He won exactly one of those last year. Defense? They don't have one. Their defense ranked 122nd last year. I will be merciful and stop there on team analysis. Oh, and don't even start with the cross town rivals and you never know bunch of baloney. We win this game by whatever score CMA wants.

Next, our road trip to ECU. This is a 3-9 team for the last two years. This is also a team whose defense is ranked last out of all the FBS football teams. It might be a little closer than the 52-27 whipping we gave them last year but the Coogs win this easily.

Finally, take a look at the game with TSU. What can I say about their FCS team that is positive? OK, here are a couple of items. TSU has a deal with the city of Dallas and the State Fair of Texas to play there in 2018 and 2019. They also have a deal with Root Sports to televise all their home games. That's it. That is the best I got.

In my opinion these three are sure fire winners for our boys in scarlet and white and that is 25% of our 2018 schedule. Now, all we need are seven more for a double digit winning season, especially the game on Nov 23rd.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News