ADVERTISEMENT

Recruiting Recruiting Update: Jalen Knox

JeffersonPowell

Staff
Jun 2, 2011
Talked with Arlington (TX) Timberview athlete Jalen Knox, who recently picked up an offer from Houston. Here's the latest from the recruiting trail in regards to Knox.

Jalen Knox - Knox is listed as a 6-foot, 180-pound all-purpose back. He's being recruited by most colleges as a receiver or hybrid athlete that combines running back and receiver, similar to the role that Percy Harvin played during his years at Florida.

Houston really likes Knox as a receiver. He possesses the speed that they look for and has some pretty impressive track times.

The Latest - Knox was recently offered by Houston but continues to get a great deal of interest from Missouri who Knox says is the school recruiting the hardest right now.

"It's been going really well," Knox said of the recruiting process. "A lot of of coaches have been coming in and taking a look at me and expressing interest in me."

"Missouri and Minnesota have been recruiting me the most," he added. "I just started hearing from Baylor today."

Thoughts on Houston

"Houston came into the picture after they came to school to visit one of our defensive ends," he said. "They saw me and invited me to their junior day the next day."

Trip to Houston

Knox took up Houston's offer to visit during junior day and came away impressed with what he was able to see and learn about Houston's program.

"It was nice down there," he said of his trip to Houston. "All the coaches there are real friendly, it's a real family like atmosphere down there and they really seem like they have a program that's going to have a winning tradition."

On Applewhite and the Houston Staff

"They all welcomed me and made me feel like they were genuinely interested in me," Knox said of the Houston staff. "They made it seem like they had full interest in making me a better football player and a better man"

Missouri the Team to Beat?

Knox didn't really cite a list of favorites, but did indicate that when he would narrow things down Missouri would almost certainly be one of his top schools to make the cut, simply because they've been the school that's been recruiting him the hardest.

Highlights

Breakdown

Knox is a speedy athlete that could be utilized in a variety of ways in the Houston offense. Timberview runs a spread offense and uses Knox in multiple ways. He's played wildcat quarterback, running back, inside receiver and outside receiver.

He indicated that he was in no rush to make a decision and probably wouldn't start narrowing down his options until sometime during his senior season. He is hoping to find an offense that has a high energy and throws the ball a lot.

While he didn't really list a top five, it certainly does appear that Missouri is the team to beat, just simply based on the fact that they are recruiting him the hardest. He indicated that Missouri has made it clear to him that he's their top priority for the class of 2018.

Houston already has a running back committed for 2018, if they were able to secure the pledge of Knox that would give them another athlete that they can use all over the field on the offensive side of the ball. He will certainly be an interesting name to watch for the class of 2018.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.