ADVERTISEMENT

Recruiting Recruiting Update: Mohamed Sanogo

JeffersonPowell

Staff
Jun 2, 2011
Got a quick update on Houston four-star linebacker commit Mohamed Sanogo. I chatted with Sanogo about the recruiting process pretty briefly to try and gauge where he currently stood with Houston and to see how solid his commitment to the Cougars was.

Basically what I gathered is, he's still committed to Houston as of now and Houston is still very much in it for his services, however Ole Miss is really giving him a lot of attention and there is some growing interest there.

As of now Sanogo is planning two official visits. One to Ole Miss and the another to Houston. He's tentatively scheduled to visit Houston on the weekend of Jan. 20-22. He has not yet scheduled a trip to Oxford but should set up something in the next week or so.

In some conversations I've had around the Houston camp they are legitimately concerned about losing Sanogo's pledge.

When trying to get some insight from Sanogo on where he stands one of his replies was, "I have to think and act on what's best for me."

Most will interpret that as he's likely out the door, but I don't really get the vibe that he is for sure gone. To me, he's a kid that was close to the previous defensive staff and with the changes happening there he wants to take his time and reevaluate his options. He's getting a strong push from Ole Miss and is doing his due diligence in evaluating that program as well.

Ultimately it could come down to the official visits.

We'll continue to monitor the situation as it unfolds.

Reactions: jawgemo
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News