ADVERTISEMENT

small ball?

IowaCoog

Nov 26, 2012
Duarte put out some tweets last night from the luncheon held inside Hofheinz last night. I don't know about the other big men and what Sampson's plans are for them, but it was tweeted that Chicken and J.C. would be playing center. To me it appears we are going to be small and quick and play fast. "Small ball" to me has always been an exciting brand of basketball. You have more skilled players on the floor. To compensate on the defensive end, you need to play extremely fast to negate the size advantage you're giving up on the other end. It will be interesting to see if Chicken plays down low in the post or we go to more of a 5 out offense with 5 guys on the perimeter with an open post. I've always like the 70s style NBA. Point guards were usually about 6 foot, shooting guards usually were around 6'3", your small forward was usually around 6'5" or 6'6", power forwards ranged around 6'7" to 6'8" and your center varied from 6'9" on up. Here's hoping that LJ makes a complete recovery to help in the second half of the season. I'm looking forward to UH Cougar hoops again!!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News