ADVERTISEMENT

USF game

81Coog

May 29, 2001
I hate to interrrupt the offense bashing but I do find it funny our fans will make every excuse necessary for how Air raid offenses perform or air raid coaches perform but give no credence to anything that hints of an excuse where our team is concerned. Weather is a factor in football games. One of the concerns I have always had with the air raid is November and December games or just days of wind and or ran. In those cases you must be ablele to run or it can be a long day. windy chilly days are especially tough, Anyone remember our Air Force game in Fort Worth and Case throwing SIX interceptions?

People posting on the other site actually at the game..

There was an 25 mile an hour wind blowing tonight. Even Case would have trouble throwing in that wind. Heck David Klingler would have trouble throwing in that wind. For those complaining about lack of a deep passing game, Any deep pass thrown into the wind would have been knocked down and a pass with the wind behind it would have flown over the receivers head.

Also Ward has a weak arm and has trouble throwing the ball downfield accurately. The running game was working so Bush did what was right, ran the ball and pass when we had to or where USF stacked the line of scrimmage.

I know we all want and an exciting offense but i have a question for everyone. Would you pass the ball and have a exciting offense and probably lose or run the ball and be boring and win Because if we were a true passing offense, such as the air raid, we would have lost

Another post....

I was there with my wife and we talked about this subject. It was actually quite cold with that wind. I am sure some of the season ticket holders used to balmy Florida days elected to stay home. Couple the weather with South Florida's poor on field performance for the season and Voila!

This is only one game but it cannot be an indication of future attendance for them if they want to move up to P5. Same thing for us. We simply have to find a way to get our numbers up.
Back to me....
Fact is it was a tough day to throw the ball. Fortunately we can win a game like this because of a running game and a tough defense. We are now better able to win in a place like Cincy on Dec 6.
I care abour WINS, they don't have to be pretty. I like ugly wins better than attractive loses. Would you rather go without sex or screw an ugly women? I suggest a few beers to get ready.........

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News