ADVERTISEMENT

Recruiting A Couple of Updates

JeffersonPowell

Staff
Jun 2, 2011
Hey guys here's a few of the latest nuggets I've heard.

Logan Tuley-Tillman

The Cougars are recruiting Tuley-Tillman as a plug and play transfer, but obviously his recruitment centers around his court case. If he transferred he would be brought in and given a really good shot at starting right away and could be a potential bookend tackle with Na'Ty Rodgers.

Apparently Tillman and Rodgers are good friends and Rodgers has been in his hear trying to get him to Houston.

"That's my boy, we've known each other since senior year of high school," Tuley-Tillman said.

Tuley-Tillman told me he's very high on Houston, but has no favorites selected yet for a possible landing destination, but the Cougars are definitely in the mix.

"I don't really have a favorite school, I'm just taking a lot of visits so I'm sure when I make my decision. I'm definitely interested in Houston, they've got some special things going on down there."

A Name I've Heard this Week

One of the names I heard resurface this week with Houston was Austin Myers of Manvel. It looks as though the Cougars are trying to use the connection with King to lure the three-star TCU commit to be the next Frog flip from Manvel.

With that said, Myers says he is still "pretty solid" to TCU but when I questioned him about any interest in Houston he simply replied "No comment. So take that for what it's worth. Could mean a few different things. Could mean there is interest and he doesn't want it to get back to TCU or it could mean he's really not that interested but doesn't want to offend Houston and his teammate D'Eriq King. We'll keep an eye on Myers and see if anything progresses here.

Ross Blacklock

I know the news is already out now. But for anyone that may have missed it. Missouri City (TX) Fort Bend Elkins DT Ross Blacklock committed to TCU today at the Army All-American Bowl.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News