ADVERTISEMENT

Another Attendance Thread

coogam

Gold Member
Mar 9, 2011
Ok, last year we averaged 32,583 official attendance. We have brought in perhaps the best OC in the country to run our offense in my opinion. If he isn't the best as Bum used to say it won't take too long to call the roll. Add to that all the transfers and newbies coming on board and it all adds up for an exciting offense. Plus, we have an outstanding front four on defense including maybe the best in the nation in Ed Oliver. We have plugged many of the weak spots in the rest of the defense with some of the transfers. This adds up to a very good team that should contend for the conference championship to begin with. Sounds good doesn't it.

On the other side of the coin. We have our first game in the blazing sunshine on Sept 8th unless it is overcast with rain. Next, three of our home opponents are TSU, Tulsa, and Tulane. That is 50% of our home schedule. That is asking a lot of our fans to show up in droves for since two of those games are on Thursday night. Yes, our fan base will come to support the Coogs no matter the opponent. But this is going to be an attendance challenge even with the revenge factor for two of them.

We do get a couple of decent AAC teams on the home portion of the schedule with USF and an improving Temple. Both of these games are on Saturday. One is at the end of October and the other is the 2nd Saturday in November. So the weather in terms of being hot should not be factor no matter what time of day they schedule us.

That's it boys and girls. So the question is: what do you think we are going to average in attendance for 2018. Tough schedule in terms of buzz appeal for half of our games. Having said that our team this year could be very, very good. So factor in all of the above and tell me what you think we average in attendance for this year. For extra credit, if we host the AAC championship game?

My guess: 36,750. Nice increase if we can get it.
AAC: 38,411

Reactions: red80
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News