Gold Member
Apr 22, 2003
Xanadu
www.facebook.com
Found on other site. Very interesting.

DG: How close were you to leaving UH?

CTH: Not close.

DG: How does that process work?

CTH: HY was very proactive in trying to get approval for a new deal for myself. .... You right, there were multiple inquiries, not to be too specific. But you know, I like winning Doug. .... and the way the system is set up currently, if you win the AAC your going to a NY6 bowl game. I think that if your not at one of those schools that can perpetually compete for a national championship then winning 11, 12, 13, 14 games a year, a lot of trophies, a lot of rings, and in NY6 bowl games all in the greatest city on Earth, I think that's a pretty enticing endeavor.

DG: Are you willing to accept that even if you were undefeated you probably wouldn't be in the CFP? .... is that okay with you going forward?

CTH: That's okay, because I don't think there are many places, at least not the ones calling me, that you can say, "Hey, if we go win em' all, or win all but 1 or 2, then we are going to the playoff". .... So rather than toil through 7-5 and 8-4 seasons .... where a certain school has a ceiling, this place has no ceiling. .... Where I think most every school except for 8-10 in the country, the ceiling is not that.

Seems to indicate what some of us thought may be the case, i. e., he likely leaves for Texas, USC, Alabama, Florida State, Ohio State, Michigan, Oklahoma, Georgia, Penn State, Florida, Auburn, LSU, Clemson, Michigan State . . . anyone else? Maybe but I wouldn't bet on it.

Reactions: rssll5
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News