ADVERTISEMENT

Interesting Info On Big 12 Expansion & UH

-Sellers-

Staff
Feb 8, 2009
I spoke with someone today with very credible knowledge of even more information from all of the data the Big 12 members received from the Chicago based research firm Navigate.

Evidently in addition to the increased percentage of the Big 12 reaching the College Football Playoff by returning to a conference title game, which of course would require expansion, the research firm also gave them two expansion candidates that brought the most value to the conference based off of their analytics model. Of course if you have read this far you know I am fixing to tell you that Houston is one of those names. This person was not comfortable revealing the second name.

Of course there have been varying reports on how quickly the Big 12 can be expected to move on all of the information they have received and will receive more of at the meetings in Dallas at the end of May/start of June. I don't get the feeling that this is something that will get done by the start of the season based off of my opinion on what I have seen reported. This is likely a decision that will get made following the 2016 season.

I will continue to pass along information as I get it but would expect another large dose of mainstream coverage at the meetings in Dallas at the end of the month.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News