ADVERTISEMENT

Is Our 2019 Schedule Strong Enough For The CFP

coogam

Gold Member
Mar 9, 2011
If UH were to some how pull a UCF and go undefeated in 2019, is our SOS strong enough to get us into the CFP. First, I am not saying UH is not going to lose a game in 2019. That said is 2019 close enough to 2015 where many have said if we had gone undefeated we would have been in.

So, lets take a look. First, OU is a team that actually is going to the CFP. They are #4 and they are on our schedule. That is a strong opponent wouldn't you say. Admittedly no one knows when the first CFP rankings come out next season where OU will be ranked. But this thread is about hypotheticals anyway. Next, UCF is going to a NY6 bowl and is currently undefeated for two straight years and is ranked 8th in the CFP. That is another strong opponent. Next comes Washington St. They are the #13th team at this time. So we will be playing the #4, #8, and #13th ranked teams from 2018. Following these UH is going to play four more teams by my count from this year who are going to bowls. These are all teams with winning records who qualified to go bowling.

Should all these team's 2019 records resemble what they accomplished in 2018 and UH goes undefeated is that a strong enough schedule to paint the CFP committee into a corner with no way out but to put UH in the playoffs at the #4 position? Let me include that all the other candidates for the #4 spot have at least two losses and their SOS is way lower than ours? Would UH be in?

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News