ADVERTISEMENT

OT : Thyroid Cancer

PiKAcoog

Jan 16, 2013
Gents since I know some of you in real life too and not just behind the computer screen, I thought I'd let y'all know.

4 months ago I was sitting at the office and randomly rubbed my neck and found a small jelly Bean/almond like lump on the left side of my throat.

1 month ago I was diagnosed with Papillary Thyroid Cancer.

2 days ago I underwent a 3 hour surgery in which they removed my entire thyroid or what they call a full thyroidectomy.

As I said in my Facebook post, you'll never know how to react when your doctor tells you that you have the El Cancer or the El Suck but the good news is that my type has a very very high rate of survival. Basically like 95-99%.

I got discharged yesterday late in the afternoon, not because I should but the lack of expediting on their end. I'm staying in town with my girlfriend for a couple days.

Basically they sliced my neck open right above the trachea and removed both sides. So for the next couple of weeks I've got these nice clear sterile strips across my neck.

I won't be at the basketball game today but in the next week I'll be able to do much more.

If anyone is feeling their neck right now and finds a lump go see your doctor. Not trying to scare you I promise but it does need to be checked and it might turn out benign. The risk really happens when you're over 40 and God knows I'm not getting any younger.

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News