ADVERTISEMENT

Perspective

red80

May 29, 2001
Look at the 2015 Peach Bowl season and notice the early games. We had a warm-up game against Tenn Tech and then had the big game against Louisville in which we held Freshman Lamar Jackson in enough check to win. Then Tex State, Tulsa, SMU, UCF and Vandy before a tough game against Cincy. Other than Louisiville, we had a whole lot of games against teams that were not any good. Of that string starting with Tx St, the toughest team of the group was a Tulsa team that went 6-7. SMU was a cream puff. Vandy is an SEC team, but they were 4-8 that year. I would think that everyone could agree that Arizona is a tougher team than Tenn Tech and I think this year's Tex Tech is better than the 2015 Louisville.

Our 2015 team had Greg Ward at his peak, a receiving corp with speed, a running back tandem led by Farrow, and a defense that had a bunch of guys that are now playing on Sundays. To read the posts about the 2017 team, one would think that they are being compared to a 2015 team that dropped 70 points on every opponent. But that was a year that things bounced our way on several occasions. Had a field goal not gone awry against Memphis, there would have been no Peach Bowl. But that is the way it is in football, sometimes you just luck out.

I think this team is getting rounded into shape and is about to hit its stride after a hectic start to the season exacerbated by Harvey. Our whole routine was jumbled for a few weeks and I believe we are finally getting on track to where we would have been a couple of weeks ago had there been no Harvey. Add to that, Postma has taken over the QB spot and is getting some experience with this year's OC. I wonder how things would have been had Postma gotten the starting spot to begin with.

I know Tulsa sucks this year; but the team can't, and won't look past them (we fans can though), before we get into the toughest part of the season against a good Memphis team and a really good USF team. ECU isn't what they have been, but still have to take them seriously before ending the season against a surprising Tulane team and always tough Navy.

All in all, I think we are on track to a 9 or 10 win season. Had we been Harvey free, I think we would have a 10 or 11 win season at least. Can't get that UTSA game back.

2015 UH Schedule results
Sept. 5 W 52-24 Tennessee Tech
Sept. 12 W 34-31 at Louisville
Sept. 26 W 59-14 Texas State
Oct. 3 W 38-24 * at Tulsa
Oct. 8 W 49-28 * SMU
Oct. 24 W 59-10 * at UCF
Oct. 31 W 34-0 Vanderbilt
Nov. 7 W 33-30 * Cincinnati
Nov. 14 W 35-34 *Memphis
Nov. 21 L 17-20 * at UConn
Nov. 27 W 52-31 *Navy
American Championship – Houston (TDECU Stadium)
Dec. 5 W 24-13 Temple
Chick-fil-A Peach Bowl – Atlanta (Georgia Dome)
Dec. 31 W 38-24 vs. Florida State

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News