ADVERTISEMENT

Football Saturday Update on Kendal Briles

JeffersonPowell

Staff
Jun 2, 2011
I've had a number of conversations about Kendal Briles and his options today. I've confirmed through multiple sources that he's a leading candidate at both Tennessee and Florida State. I was told that if he were to leave, he plans to take Randy Clements with him.

One contact told me that Briles wanting to bring Clements could be a potential road block at Tennessee. FSU is apparently not opposed to that idea. I also heard from someone on the FSU side that Briles has a third staff member he wanted to bring as well. It's unclear who this third staff member is, but based on what I've heard I don't believe it to be anyone on Houston's staff at this time. Based on what I've heard from a few different folks I think the third person could be UCF QB coach Jeff Lebby who has a personal and professional relationship with Briles, but I haven't been able to confirm that.

What has been confirmed is that Briles is actively looking into other options and is being pursued heavily by both Tennessee and Florida State. He's already met with Tennessee and if he hasn't already met with Florida State, a meeting should come very soon.

We'll have more as we get it.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News