ADVERTISEMENT

So You Say There Is A Chance?

coogam

Gold Member
Mar 9, 2011
I saw something in the Tulane game that gives me reason to hope that we have a chance. This is not the same chance as I would write about if we had everyone healthy and playing. But this is about seeing that glimmer in a player's eye who has an extra dose of the will to win at whatever it is they are doing.

If those players show up on the field against Memphis we have a chance to win. A guy like Stuard who is being thrust into an unfamiliar RB position and blasting his way through a defense successfully time after time. And young guys on D who begin making a play here and a play there that add up to critical stops when the offense needs the ball back.

When our offense got the ball back I watched a freshman QB playing like a seasoned sophomore at the end of his successful year to go along with a RB gashing holes through the DL.

And oh yeah, I watched a depleted UH squad giving all it had to give on both sides of the ball to defeat a Tulane team 48-17. Why is that so important besides the big win? Glad you asked. That same Tulane team beat Memphis a few games earlier 40-24.

So, yes, I think we have a chance to put a loss on Memphis......if those same UH players show up who refused to lose to Tulane.....AND if our coaches come up with a solid game plan to put those players who have a will to win in a position to do just that. If that does happen I think we actually could just win this thing. #9-3

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News