ADVERTISEMENT

Football Thoughts From Day 1

-Sellers-

Staff
Feb 8, 2009
Well, the high energy that quickly became the norm for head coach Tom Herman and staff showed no signs of letting up as the Cougars took the field for practice number 1.

There were again the normal large turnout of high school coaches and even a noticeable contingent of recruits.

It's obviously way too early for anything to become clear but it is worth noting some of the players that lined up with the first group, second group, etc.

Here is a few that I was able to get:

Offense:
OL (L-R) - Marcus Oliver, Colton Freeman, Will Noble, Mac Long, Na'Ty Rodgers
WR - Chance Allen, Ra'Shaad Samples, Steven Dunbar (I think)
TE - Tyler McClosky
RB - Kaliq Kokuma
QB - Greg Ward

OL - Jarrid Williams, Colton Freeman, Josh Jones,
WR - John Leday, Linell Bonner, Isaiah Johnson
TE - Ryan Deshotel
RB - Duke Catalon and Kokuma
QB - Kyle Postma

Defense 1:

DL - Nick Thurman, B.J. Singleton, Cam Malveaux
LB - Tyus Bowser, Steven Taylor, Matthew Adams
CB - Howard Wilson, Joeal Williams
S - Garrett Davis, Khalil Williams

Defense 2
DL - Zach Vaughan, Chauntez Jackson
LB - Emeke Ogbule, D'Juan Hines
CB - Andrew Robertson,
S - Terrell Williams, Darius Gilbert

I'll hopefully be able to clean up the 2-deep better once I dump my photos on the computer and can look at personnel packages better. The pace was pretty fast at times. I know Winchester, J.J. Dallas, and several others were out there too.

Players that worked on punt return drills were Terry Mark, Howard Wilson, Isaiah Johnson and Ra'Shaad Samples.

I got a ton of photos that I will shoot to turnaround in a gallery tonight after practice and I'll of course have some thoughts and quotes afterwards from Herman on the first practice.

A couple signees that caught my attention early on were Ed Oliver and Aymiel Flemming who were chatting with each other before practice got underway.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News