ADVERTISEMENT

Ed Oliver Contemplating sitting out 2018

Hill-

May 29, 2001
Houston
A friend of mine is friends with Mark Berman. I was speaking with her Friday night and discussing the Houston Sports Gala that was held on Thursday, that's where she spoke with Berman. Ed declined to attend, despite winning the college player of the year. She isn't a big football fan but relayed on that Mark said Ed didn't attend because he didn't want to answer questions about leaving early.

That was curious to me, everyone knows he is leaving when the 2018 season is done. And that seems like a silly reason to miss the inaugural Houston Sports Award Gala, which was an amazing event.

Well, driving around this afternoon I was listening to 610AM, Jeremy Branham was hosting. The topic of Ed came up and the other co-host mentioned Ed sitting out the entire 2018 season. Jerremy spoke about it and made it seem like it is something that is being considered. He was pretty stern in that sitting out the year would be a bad idea.

Jeremy's reaction coupled with what Berman said leads me to believe that this is something that is actually being discussed.

I sure hope Ed and whomever is advising him don't go through with it, but I could understand the logic behind doing so.

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News