ADVERTISEMENT

Email Baseball Update from Coach Whitting

Cgrlaw

Gold Member
Nov 15, 2010
Good Afternoon,

I trust all is well with you and your family as roll into the fall and the upcoming holiday season. I wanted to drop you a quick note and give you an update on the 2015 Coogs and all of the exciting things going on with the program.

The Coogs are wrapped up what was a tremendous fall season as we welcomed 18 new players to this year's team. It is a good mix of high school and juco players to compliment and outstanding group of returners. We return the bulk of our offense, defense and pitching staff from last year's team that finished 11th in the country. This incoming class that is on campus now was ranked 33rd in the nation by Baseball America recently which is our highest ranking since we have been here. Although we have numerous starters back…there is great competition at many positions. The biggest void we will need to fill will be in the bullpen. Tyler Ford and Chase Wellbrock were both ranked in the top 10 in the nation in ERA and Chase is the all-time saves leader at UH. However the bulk of the staff that finished the year ranked 8th in the nation returns including Jake Lemoine who represented the United States on Team USA last summer.

We are continuing to work to upgrade our facilities to keep us in line with the top teams in the nation. Last year's installation of the FieldTurf surface was a game changer for us from a competitive and recruiting standpoint. We are currently working on an upgrade of our video board, which will also include naming rights, and the addition of a club level in our current press box. I will send you drawings on each of these projects when they are available. I am hoping to have both of these completed by the first pitch this season.

Thanks to each of you for your continued support of Houston Baseball! Our program could not have achieved what we have accomplished in the last four years without your investment and backing for our student athletes and coaching staff.

GO COOGS!

Todd Whitting

Head Baseball Coach

University of Houston

3100 Cullen Blvd

Houston, TX 77204

download

download

http://buy.norton.com/specialoffers?VENDORID=YAHOO

2 Attachments
Download all[/I]

Download[/I]