ADVERTISEMENT

feelings about our football team

Cougar time now

Gold Member
Dec 7, 2011
Maybe this is pertinent to you and I apologize if it is not. I have been struggling with my complete disconnect with our football team this year. I could not figure out if it was that the offense was super boring or if I was just expecting the loss or if I was just over it completely. Well, I think I have it figured out and it is likely that you feel the same way. The coogs are now 5-3 and about to be 6-3 and we could possibly win the conference. Why does this not excite me? In the past this is how it always came together and I was always fired up. To have a running QB and a bad ass defense is awesome but why am I not excited? I should be and normally I would be but I can't get there.

So here it is....

A win by our team is a win for a coaching staff that has not performed. Every good thing that the current staff does is in actuality a step backwards for the football program. Our offense with a running qb that has no designed play in nonbias point of view should be fun as hell to watch, our running backs killing it is fun to watch. I have tried to shake these feelings but I can't . If TL did not waste the fire the OC move so early in his career I think that would have saved the season. I feel bad that I can't give the love our talented players deserve because I am afraid that this could be seen as an endorsement of TL. He can't fix it though he probably will save his job. He was a lazy hire and I don't know for sure that he is actually a good guy. That kicker scholarship thing was great and his ice bucket challenge was decent but I don't see him giving his pay check to charity on games that we lose. I don't get the feeling that the people working with him are having a great time and excited about working with a guy that is so great.

For me it is him. That is the problem.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News