ADVERTISEMENT

Football Roster Update

kdavidso

Gold Member
Jan 30, 2012
McDonough, GA
What happens at my house when it is too cold, windy, and wet in Atlanta to get on the golf course? Pika was busy memorizing his proposal, so I picked up his spreadsheet and analyzed the current football roster.

There are 94 players on the roster with numbers assigned. By my count, 64 are scholarship players and 30 are walk-ons. 16 of the 2018 class will join the team this summer giving us a total of 80 scholarship players. Obviously we have room with the limit being 85, which supports recent input that CMA is still looking for roster additions for 2018. Additions have to be counted against future classes though. Total roster will be 110 when the freshmen arrive. Is the NCAA limit 105 or 110? Either way, it would seem that some walk-ons still might be cut.

Deletions in this update: RB Duke Catalon, K Joel Scarbrough, RB Blake Hirsch, DE Jacoby Morrison, DT Colby Brignac. All were walk-ons except Catalon.

Additions in this update include 2018 signees who enrolled early: QB Clayton Tune, QB Julon Williams, S Garrison Vaughn, DE Tahj Brown.
Two scholarship players were added also: SR LB Austin Robinson, GS LB Darrion Owens.
Walk-ons added in this update: RS Fr QB Ike Ogobou, GS WR Kinte Hatton, Jr WR Andrew Segovia, RS Fr WR Osby Mitchell, Sr TE Payton Haslam, Jr TE Sid Turnbull, So TE Tariq Feeney, RS Fr LB Jacob Daulong, SR DB Jayson Price, RS Fr DB Shaun Lewis.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News