ADVERTISEMENT

How About Lebby If Briles Is Gone

coogam

Gold Member
Mar 9, 2011
I have one for you guys. He might have been mentioned before. He is from the Briles tree although not by blood but by marriage. He is Jeff Lebby the QB coach at UCF. I took the time to look him up and liked what I found. He is the former OU lineman who received a back injury and became a student assistant there. Last year he was the OC at Southeastern a NAIA school. He called plays and had the number one offense for all the NAIA schools.

This season he is the QB coach at UCF and his head coach comes into the QB meeting for a bit but leaves to go to the special teams. When he leaves he gives Lebby the remote to run things.

Lebby is young on experience but Tennessee thought enough of him to give him an interview to replace Tyson Helton who went to Western Ky as their head coach.

I don't know who we are considering and I don't know if Briles is really gone until it becomes official but I like what I have seen and read about Lebby. I would give him his shot if it is between him and some guy looking for his last stop before retiring.

Lebby is also the son of a coach like Kendal. So it is ingrained in his life as he grew up within the coaching environment. Here are some snippets of an interview.

OS: What’s the best piece of advice that your dad has given you as a coach?
Lebby: “I think the biggest thing is to set expectations that way people know exactly what they need to get done. You set expectations as a coach so that there’s no gray area and you’ll get done what you want to get done.”

OS: You coached the No. 1 scoring offense in NAIA last year and are coming into a No. 1 Football Bowl Subdivision scoring offense here. What does it take to reach that?
Lebby: “Well, I think you’ve got to have balance. That’s the big thing. You’ve got to run the football when you want to run the football and not when you have to run the football. You have to be able to throw the ball all over the yard too so there’s got to be great balance there. I think that’s what will give us the greatest chance to continue to be great on offense here and to stay in stride with what has gone on. So that’s something that we’re looking forward to.”

https://www.orlandosentinel.com/sports/ucf-knights/os-sp-jeff-lebby-ucf-football-20180419-story.html

Reactions: Sosalini008
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News