ADVERTISEMENT

If FCS, Then How About This

coogam

Gold Member
Mar 9, 2011
So Alabama is going to pay Utah State 1.9 million dollars to come play them in Tuscaloosa. That is a lot of dough re mi. If we bring in an FCS team for a home one off game that would free us up to go play one of the blue bloods in a one off away game......for a whole bunch of bucks.

It would have to be schedule sometime after 2024 and coordinated with the opponent's schedule since we are all booked up through then.

The Alabama folks are not the only team who is shelling out the big bucks to get an opponent on its home turf. Michigan is paying Arkansas State 1.8 million to get the Red Wolves up north for a game with Big Blue.

I know some folks oh here are always aghast at the mere mention of one of these one off deals. But I would trade an FCS home for a blue blood away any day of the week. If we win it would propel UH to the top of the NY6 ladder as well as stir up the convo about G5 vs the playoffs. Win, Win and did I mention the money, lots and lots of money.

http://collegefootballtalk.nbcsport...-schedule-and-backs-brinks-truck-up-to-do-so/

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News