ADVERTISEMENT

Recruiting Rectuiting Tidbits: Latest on Decommit & RB Update

JeffersonPowell

Staff
Jun 2, 2011
Hey guys, got a quick update for you tonight.

For those that may not already be aware, former Houston commit Myles Tapusoa publicly announced his decommitment a few days ago.

I believe Arizona has really turned up the heat for the Thatcher (AZ) product and if you ask me they're the team to beat. They've been recruiting him pretty hard the last couple of months. Wouldn't be surprised to see him commit to Arizona when all is said and done.

On another note, in regards to Houston and the 2019 class. They have one prospect committed already at the running back position in small town star De'Mitri Monroe and I'm told there's still a chance they could take two in this class, which would certainly explain a lot of the heavy recruiting of a pair of RB's they've been hitting hard the last few weeks.

Bentley who has been committed to SMU since June has been to campus for multiple visits. The C.E. King product certainly has an interest in Houston taking multiple unofficial visits and the fact that he's so close to campus and can visit so easily certainly gives the Cougars a boost in their efforts of working to flip the SMU commit. I think he's definitely a name to monitor moving forward, but he's not the only one worth watching when it comes to the running back position.

Most Intriguing Name at RB

To me the most intriguing name on Houston's running back board belongs to Forth Worth (TX) Eaton four-star running back Titus Swen. Who ranks as one of the top remaining uncommitted prospects at the running back position. If you look at the top 10 at the RB position for uncommitted prospects, Titus Swen comes it at No.9.

Why is that so interesting? Well, for one he's on Houston's running back board, and second, the competition Houston would have to compete with is pretty favorable considering some of the other top uncommitted running backs. Swen for what it's worth is still waiting on that offer from Houston, but if the Cougars did offer I think they would instantly implant themselves right into the thick of things for the DFW four-star. I was kind of surprised they hadn't offered already, but I think that may be due to the fact they're not 100% firm on the notion of taking a second running back. With that said, there are other running backs visiting that do hold offers from Houston so it is somewhat interesting. As mentioned in our visitor list for the weekend before last, Swen only holds four offers currently, those being Arizona State, Kansas, San Diego State and SMU.

I caught up with Swen following his visit to UH when they played South Florida and he had some interesting things to say about Houston and visit to Cullen blvd.

He told me that Houston is recruiting him the hardest right now and also told me that Houston would be at his game this past Friday while the Cougars were in town to play SMU. Eaton lost that game to Southlake Carroll 45-0. Maybe not the best day to showcase as Eaton only managed to muster up 70 yards of total offense against the undefeated Southlake Carroll who clinched the District 5-6A title with the win. Eaton had 22 rushing attempts on the night for only 16 yards.

Swen shares rushing duties for Eaton and only has 54 carries on the year for 390 yards and five touchdowns. He's averaging 7.2 yards-per-carry. He also adds nine receptions for 181 yards and 1 touchdown. You could make a case for being on a lesser team in a tough district. Eaton is 5-4 in the same district that features Southlake Carroll, Denton Guyer and the Keller schools, so there's that.

I think that plays a big part in his only having four offers because he's, I don't want to use the word raw but he's not really established. He's got the athleticism for sure and definitely passes the eyeball test coming off the bus. This kid could end up being a steal for someone.

On his UH Visit

"The Uh Visit was one to remember, they were the underdogs coming into the game but they played all four quarters and just played hard nose football. When I was on campus it felt like I was just walking in my own community, the people were friendly, coaches wanted to talk about me, not just how football was going. That was nice, I don't really get that often so it felt like home and I could see it being home."

Swen tells me that he's got a visit to Texas State planned and is trying to get visits to Texas Tech and Texas set up soon.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News