ADVERTISEMENT

The time has come

81Coog

May 29, 2001
for me to switch to the dark side
smile.r191677.gif
as I now believe we should look at making a change. I have said all along to let the season play out and no change should be made if we went back to back 8 win seasons. While we still have that opportunity this past saturday gave me pause after another poor effort at home against a double digit underdog. My wife commented that I was not upset or emotional as I usually am when we are playing poorly. I found myself strangely detached as if it didn't surprise or bother me. I actually left after we got down 14 so we could head to pappadeaux's , beat the traffic, and get a SWAMP THING! Even in the parking lot tailgaiting before the game there seemed to be a malaise. I thought we looked ripe for an upset from the first few minutes of the game. even defensively it seemed like we didn't have it mentally. We looed like we lost the battle of the LOS on both sides of the ball.... to Tulane!

Now we finish up and to be truthful I don't know if it is a certainty that we make a change at HC. For sure any hope that Bush had to return was laid to rest; however, I could still see TL here if we go 7 - 5. Before Saturday I would have done anything to keep Gibbs; however, after the Tulane game I will not gripe if we clean house and choose to allocate what funds we have to get the best HC/OC/DC we can get. I wonder how we can pay TL $1 million plus pay the money necessary for a quality HC, OC and DC. hopefully we choose wisely and allocate what funds we have in the best possible manner.

Such a shame we laid another egg on homecoming. I sit next to the mother of Shane Ros and she told me during the game that Hicks was in visiting. I'm sure we had many more as well given it as homecoming and we expected to win. So many damn missed opportunities that at some point have to stop.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News