ADVERTISEMENT

Time To Take Another Look

coogam

Gold Member
Mar 9, 2011
Earlier I made an effort to take a forward look at our win-loss possibilities for the 2019 season. After careful consideration I came up with a possible 8-4 record and if everything breaks just right I could see 9-3.

My question now is will hiring Dana Holgorsen and beefing up our Assistant Pool bugget make any difference at all in how many games we will win this season? Or, do we think it will take him a season or so to get things rolling downhill resulting in a conference championship?

My own take is yes, I think Dana will have a more positive effect on how many games we win this year but how much of an effect remains to be seen. Do I see him beating OU or Washington State at this precise moment in time? No, not really. We have some holes to fill especially on defense. We also could use some upgrades at the RB and other positions unless someone picks up the pace this spring. All of that could change as Dana does his thing in the months before fall camp.

But right now I am leaning more to a strong 9-3 record all things being equal and no unforeseen huge number of injuries. This is based just on Dana being here with his assistant coaches vs having Major and no Briles. Dana is an offensive genius. He will call the plays. I think that by itself gives us at least a one game edge in the win column. We shall see how much more things continue to improve under Holgorsen's guidance before we head to Norman, Oklahoma next August to find out what we really have.

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News